IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Submissions accepted through
Monday, July 31st @ 11:59pm ET
Monday, August 14
Wednesday, August 23
Wednesday, August 23 through Wednesday, September 13
Wednesday, September 20 at Pet Night on Capitol Hill
For more information, please contact AHI at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO MAY ENTER
Members of Congress, their staff, and committee staff working on Capitol Hill and in district offices.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the Cutest Pets Contest entry form
- Tell us why your pet is the best!
- Upload one photo of your pet
- Entry must be submitted by Monday, July 31
- Only one photo per pet will be considered
- Multiple pets in one photo will not be considered
- No people in the photos – pets only!
- One entry per person
- Make sure your pet is in focus and is the focal point of the image
- If you have participated in this contest before, consider taking a new image
Each photo submitted by the deadline will be judged by a bipartisan panel. Only the pet’s photo, a registration number, and the pet’s name are visible to the judges. Judges will select the semi-finalists, which will be posted on AHI.org. Judges will then select finalists, which will be subject to public vote.
Public voting will be conducted between Wednesday, August 23 & Wednesday, September 13
Photos of the finalists in each category (dog, cat, exotic) will be featured on AHI.org.
The one dog, one cat, and one exotic pet who receive the most votes will be named winners.
The winners will be announced at Pet Night on Capitol Hill, Wednesday, September 20
By submitting a photo and descriptive information to enter this contest, you grant us permission to post the image, pet’s name, and your description of why your pet is the best on our website and social media. If your pet is a winner, your name and office will be included in social media and traditional media posts. Images may be edited to fit promotional material and/or on posters.
For more information, contact AHI at Cutestpets@ahi.org